Generally speaking, stainless steel tableware is harmless to the body, but when choosing stainless steel tableware, you must pay attention to the method and understand some precautions, so as to avoid the production of harmful substances.
1. Do not store salt, soy sauce, hot soup, etc. for a long time, because these foods contain many electrolytes. If they are stored for a long time, stainless steel will electrochemically react with these electrolytes like other metals, resulting in the precipitation of harmful metal elements.
2. Don’t be greedy and buy low-quality stainless steel tableware, because such stainless steel tableware has poor raw materials, rough production, and contains a variety of heavy metal elements that are harmful to human health, especially lead, aluminum, mercury and cadmium.
3. The method of removing the residual glue of the trademark on the tableware: when the trademark is torn off, blow it with a hair dryer to wipe it off; if it takes a long time, use an eraser to remove it.
4. Before use, you can apply a thin layer of vegetable oil on the surface of the tableware, and then dry it on the fire, which means that the surface of the tableware is put on a layer of yellowish oil film “clothing”. In this way, it is easy to clean and prolong the service life.
5. If there are stains on the tableware, you can first wipe off the stains on the tableware with soap, and then wipe it with a dry cloth. If necessary, you can use stainless steel wax to wipe the stains.
6. The tableware has been used for a period of time to be “black mist”, not deterioration, but not rust, no need to rub, just rub some copper water with a cloth and it will shine.
7. If there is scale composed of hard water, you can use vinegar to wipe clean or use a paste mixed with lime and water to wipe the stains on the tableware.
8. Do not soak the tableware with water for a long time, otherwise the surface of the tableware will be dull and lose its luster.
9. The tableware should be cleaned in time after use, so as to prevent oil stains, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato juice and other substances from interacting with the surface of the tableware, causing the stainless steel surface to become bleak and even dented.
10. Do not use strong alkaline or strong oxidizing chemicals such as baking soda, bleaching powder, sodium hypochlorite, etc. to wash stainless steel tableware. Because these substances are all electrolytes, they will chemically react with stainless steel to produce substances that are harmful to the human body.
11. Do not use stainless steel utensils to boil traditional Chinese medicine. Because Chinese medicine contains many alkaloids, organic acids and other ingredients, under heating conditions, it is difficult to avoid chemical reactions with them, which will make the medicine ineffective, and even generate some more toxic compounds.
12. Do not store strongly acidic foods (such as melons, fruits, vegetables, soybeans, potatoes) for a long time to prevent the dissolution of chromium, nickel, and other metal elements.
Through the above introduction, we all know that in order to avoid harm to the human body, stainless steel tableware must first buy regular stainless steel tableware. In addition, in use, we must pay attention to the method, so as to avoid unnecessary damage, only by mastering these Method, long-term use of stainless steel tableware is no problem, everyone can rest assured.